Recently, I was nominated for the Beautiful Blogger award, by the writers over at Limebirds UK. (Update: I was also nominated for this award by 4amwriter!) Check them (both) out!
I blog mostly for my own amusement, so it was both a pleasant surprise and an honor to be nominated by the Limebirds.
I don’t know who started the Beautiful Blogger award, but if you are reading this, please let me know – I would like to give you credit! (A quick Google search sadly yielded no pertinent info.)
With this nomination comes responsibility, and by accepting the award, I must:
- Thank and Linkback to my nominator (in my case, the Limebirds).
- Post the award on my site.
- Pass this award on to (nominate) 6 or 7 (or more; or fewer) bloggers whom I consider worthy.
- Tell folks 10 things about myself, that they might not already know.
With 1 and 2 taken care of, let’s get to my nominees. It’s hard to keep up with so many blogs, but these are ones I always make time to read:
- Castelsarrasin, whose fiction and real-life stories always inspire.
- Lucid Gypsy, where I can always find a photo, fiction, or travelogue to make me smile.
- Sjbwriting, where remembering what it’s like to be a child helps give insight into what can make us better adults.
- Conversing with Novels, where Ottabelle doesn’t just show us pieces of her work, but pieces of herself, too.
- Soul and Sweet Tea, whose work both on the page and off it reminds me to think first about the world and people around me before myself.
- And, of course, thespooneytoaster, who’s been my online pal for many years now, and who’s willing to ask questions even I can’t stomach, sometimes.
Check out these beautiful bloggers when you get the chance!
Now, for those facts….
- I first learned to write – my name, followed by stories – from my big sister…whose opinion still matters to me.
- I love writing romance stories…but I don’t like reading romance novels. Go figure.
- I enjoy being a pinup model, on occasion (like in the photo above)!
- I’ve been reading comic books for most of my life, and have been playing videogames for almost as long.
- I have the most mock-able degree in the world: English Literature major, with a Classics minor. (But I got to read The Iliad in the original Greek!)
- I lovesurfing, even though I’m not very good at it. (I keep getting on that board, though!)
- My very first published work was a short story called “A Day in the Life,” based loosely on a Killraven story about a twenty-four hour man.
- My second published work was a science fiction short-comic collaboration with my friend Pete Stathis, called “Sins of the Fathers.”
- Most of my heroes/heroines have daddy issues…though I maintain a very good relationship with my own father. (Maybe it’s from growing up with all those Disney princesses.)
- I don’t believe in failure. Only in never trying.
Thanks again to the Limebirds for the nomination, and I hope those of you who have been nominated keep this trend going!
Congrats on your award. Love the links to other bloggers, and I’ll be sure to check them out! Oh, great pics too. I always wondered if your icon was really you or not… 🙂
Hey, congratulations on the nomination! 😀 Though, I don’t feel quite as worthy of being nominated, but thank you!
Congratulations Mayumi! Thank you for passing it on – it brightened my day!
Thanks, Kate. 🙂 I always enjoy reading why other people like links, so I thought I should share that here, too.
That surfing picture is probably the only one of me you’ll ever see online! 😀
Even if I don’t comment every time, I always find your posts interesting, so you’re absolutely worthy.
Thank you, Sally-Jayne.
It’s true that I always find your posts thoughtful. Even if many of them are geared toward children lessons, they always remind me there are simpler things in my life to which I need to pay attention, too.
Thanks for offering me such lovely reading! 🙂
Accept My Congrats dear !
Good Work here 😀